[inter/meta/trans] : : DRIP-->(naps)-->"phontaine" : : 09.21, 22, 23.2007 : : [experimental music]

Mark So mark_so at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:31:56 EDT 2007

:: UPCOMING ::

: : DRIP-->(naps)-->"phontaine" : : 09.21,22,23.2007 : :

[1.]

Drip Event (for George Brecht)

Friday, September 21st - Reception 7pm, Performances 8pm

Pawn Shop Gallery

1355 Westwood Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90024

pawnshipgallery.com

PawnShop is pleased to present DRIP EVENT (for George Brecht), an evening of realizations of Drip Music, the influential event score of Fluxus artist George Brecht.

With arrangements by: Miles Ake, Olivian Cha, Sharon Cheslow, Katie Herzog, Kelly Kleinschrodt, Elana Mann, Alison O’Daniel, Adam Overton, Nancy Popp, Vincent Ramos, and Mark So.

Curated by Natilee Harren.

[2.]

09.22.07 (sat) 5-10pm

Soundwalk 2007

soundwalk.org

I will be taking part in two hour-long (5-6pm, 9-10pm) group naps for a piece by Adam Overton at this year's Long Beach Soundwalk. He also will direct pieces involving touching and crying. This will be taking place at the starting area on Broadway. Lots of other great artists and friends will have work along the walk as well, and it's free, of course.

WHERE: Throughout the area encompassed by Broadway, Atlantic Avenue, Ocean Boulevard, and Elm Street in the East Village Arts District of Downtown Long Beach, in a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces.

[3.]

09.23.07 (sun) 12-1pm

istvàn zelenka: phontaine

314 s. alexandria ave. #104, los angeles 90020 [from call box: #-1-0-4]

$0

www.mom-aarau.ch/

I will give one of 37 in-home performances of Istvàn Zelenka's "phontaine" (1997-->) as part of a worldwide decentralized sound installation, taking place between 09.21 and 09.23 in conjunction with _moments musicaux aarau: klangkunstklang 2007_ in Aarau, Switzerland. This installation is organized by my friend, the composer Jürg Frey.

/mark so.